For Day 6 of “Theodora Hendrix’s Monstrous Halloween Bash”, Jordan Kopy, author of the Theodora Hendrix series, shares a recipe for making Mummy Fingers!
1. Hot dogs / Frankfurters
2. 1 roll of pre-made puff pastry dough
3. Edible candy eyes
1. Preheat oven at 400 F. Roll out puff pastry and cut it into 1/4 inch strips; you’ll need 2 strips per “finger”
2. Carefully wrap 2 strips of dough around each hotdog / frankfurter, crisscrossing the dough and leaving some bare spaces for the “Mummy” to peek through
3. Place wrapped “Fingers” on a parchment-lined baking sheet bake for 12-15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown
4. Let “Fingers” cool. Place a dot of ketchup on top of each “Finger” and place candy eyes on the ketchup.
5. Serve with a side of “blood” (ketchup) and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite Halloween-themed snacks? Let us know in the comments!